Sunday, April 10, 2011

Thanks mom..

My mother has never been in my life. Sure, I've lived with her when I was younger, but she was absent until I was nine years old. And even after I moved in with her, she was NEVER home. She was out getting drunk and gambling. I was basically her babysitter. I did everything for her. After I turned eleven I moved back in with my dad due to my mother's boyfriend abusing me..and after that, I never seen her or heard from her again until just recently. I'm nearly eighteen years old. So, out of 18 years of my life, my mother has only been present 3 of those years.
Well, she came back into my life recently when i got in touch with her boyfriend's niece. She started visiting me and acting as if she was going to STAY in my life, and I was naive enough to believe that just maybe she would this time. But no. Recently she's been making promises and plans about coming out and taking me shopping or going out to eat, just to turn around and cancel our plans.
First it was her van was broke down, which makes no sense because she's constantly taking my siblings to Chuck E. Cheese and the movies. Second it was she was sick, or my siblings were sick. That would have been believeable, if she didn't get "sick" every single time she's supposed to come out.
And yesterday just pushed me over the edge. She asked if I wanted to go out to eat and to the store, and I said yes. But I guess she ignored my calls and texts until it was "too late." She ends up texting back, finally, after 4 hours of trying to get a hold of her, to say that she already went out and it was "too late, but we'll go tomorrow." How the hell do you invite your own child somewhere, and then ignore them and go out by yourself? Does she not feel ANY guilt?!
 Ugh,....I'm just waiting for her to call me or text me making up some excuse as to why we can't go out today.

I hate this. ):